THERE IS STILL TIME TO ENSURE EQUAL ACCESS TO AUTISM THERAPIES IN MINNESOTA!
The Governor and legislators continue to negotiate a potential special session, and legislators still need to hear from people who care about equal access to autism therapies in Minnesota.
Here’s what we can all do to help.
1. Please email and call these three key lawmakers and ask them to agree to include the autism provisions in any special session agreement.
Rep. Kurt Daudt: 651-296-5364, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Joyce Peppin: 651-296-7806, email@example.com
- Rep. Matt Dean: 651-296-3018, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell them the following message. Also include your personal story, if you are able:
Minnesota children with autism continue to wait for equal access to autism treatments. We need your leadership to ensure that the no-cost autism provisions that passed the Senate are included and passed in a special session so that these children can get EQUAL ACCESS to the medically necessary treatment that they need and deserve. Please champion the autism proposals that will (1) improve private insurance coverage for families (SF 2893) and (2) make needed and noncontroversial changes to the MA early intervention (EIDBI) benefit so that providers can enroll in the benefit and children with autism can receive early intensive treatment (SF 2751). Minnesota children and families are counting on you!
2. In addition to emailing and contacting the legislators above, please email us at email@example.com if are a constituent of Rep. Kurt Daudt, Rep. Joyce Peppin, Rep. Matt Dean, or any House Republican. Here is a link to find your legislators: http://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/.
3. Forward this alert to your friends, family, social media and other networks and ask everyone to take these steps, too.
4. Be polite, positive, and email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know any feedback from legislators that you receive.
Sign up for our text alerts by emailing us at email@example.com to get the most up-to-date information on the autism provisions and a potential special session. Stay tuned to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/autismmn/ and webpage for updates, too.
Thank you for your help — it will make a difference!
** SIGN UP AT THE TOP RIGHT ON THIS PAGE AS AN AUTISM ADVOCATE - BE A VITAL PART OF THE TEAM**
Welcome to Autism Minnesota!
Autism Minnesota is a network of parents, family and friends of the autism community. As Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) treatments are still not broadly accessible, we advocate for greater access to treatment, medical insurance reform, and other support systems for individuals and families coping with the unique challenges of autism. We work to increase access to treatment and care to improve the quality of life for individuals with ASD through medical insurance reform, and community and educational support. We believe that working together, we can achieve greater understanding, improved outcomes and opportunities, and support for individuals and families of the autism community.